The Property Dude website visitors, subscribers and Inner Circle Members are subject to the overarching The Property Dude POPIA policy.
- We respect your privacy and will take all reasonable measures to protect it, as more fully detailed below.
- Should you decide to register as an Inner Circle Member on the site, we may require you to provide us with personal information which includes the following: your name and surname and your email address;
- Should your personal information change, please inform us and provide us with updates to your personal information as soon as reasonably possible to enable us to update your personal information.
We will not, without your express consent:
- Use your personal information for any purpose other than as set out below:
- By sharing freebies, advice and other elements related to The Property Dude
- To contact you regarding current or new Goods or services or any other goods offered by us or any of our divisions, affiliates and/or partners (unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from us);
- To inform you of new features, special offers and promotional competitions offered by us or any of our divisions, affiliates and/or partners (unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from us); and
- To improve your experience on our site by, inter alia, monitoring statistical non-personal browsing habits, and to transact with us; or
Disclose your personal information to any third party other than as set out below:
- To our employees and/or third-party service providers who assist us to interact with you via our site, email or any other method, for the ordering or when delivering to you, and thus need to know your personal information in order to assist us to communicate with you properly and efficiently;
- To our divisions, affiliates and/or partners (including their employees and/or third-party service providers) in order for them to interact directly with you via email or any other method for purposes of sending you marketing material regarding any current or new goods or services, new features, special offers or promotional items offered by them (unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from us);
- According to a corporate transaction in terms of which we sell any of our businesses or assets to a buyer of such businesses or assets.
- We are entitled to use or disclose your personal information if such use or disclosure is required to comply with any applicable law, order of court or legal process served on us, or to protect and defend our rights or property.
- We will ensure that all of our employees, third party service providers, divisions, affiliates and partners (including their employees and third-party service providers) having access to your personal information are bound by appropriate and legally binding confidentiality and non-use obligations (save as permitted herein) about your personal information.
- Treat your personal information as strictly confidential;
- Take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that your personal information is kept secure and is protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage, alteration, disclosure or access;
- Provide you with access to your personal information to view and/or update personal details;
- Promptly notify you if we become aware of any unauthorised use, disclosure or processing of your personal information;
- Provide you with reasonable evidence of our compliance with our obligations under this policy on reasonable notice and request;
- Upon your request, promptly return or destroy any and all of your personal information in our possession or control; and
- Not retain your personal information longer than the period for which it was originally needed, unless we are required by law to do so, or you consent to us retaining such information for a longer period.
The Property Dude undertakes never to sell or make your personal information available to any third party other than as provided for in this policy unless we are compelled to do so by law.